2/20/2007

True Friends


I am coming to the realization of what a true Christian friend is and
how many God has blessed me with. I have realized that Christian
friendship isn't about how similarly we dress and how much we have to
talk about. A Christian friend is a gift from God. A Christian friend
is someone who walks beside you when your light is starting to go out
and prayerfully watches out for the snares and dangers that could get in
your way. A Christian friend is someone who is willing to rebuke in
love, even with a risk of ruining this friendship. A Christian friend
is someone who reminds you that CHRIST is the most important thing and
that EVERYTHING is ALL about FAITH in HIM!

I am have been
blessed with a couple of true friends. This weekend a couple of my
friends and I experienced how great God is and how important it is so
be a faithful friend. i really need to be counting my blessings more
when it come to my friends. They are truly a large help to me when it
comes to my relationship to the Lord.

I also want to ad something that God taught me. When I was involved in the conservative
church that I was in they used the reasoning that Christians need to be
identifiable for their legalistic practices. I have often wondered and
thought about how much a Christian needs to be identifiable
when in public. i got my answer to that question yesterday. A Christian
needs to be identifiable because of the fruits of the spirit. People
see Christ in me by my love, joy, patience, long suffering
, etc. I need to work on my insides way more than my outsides...i am so
thankful God finally gave me an answer to that questions.

No comments: