2/20/2007

Africa




I am just handing in my application to study for at least a semester in Ghana, Africa.
I am so excited about this experience and I am praying that the Lord
would continue to open the door for me to go! Okay so here are some
reasons for wanting to go to Africa and study...

~I would most likely never go to Africa in my lifetime
~If
I went to Europe (which is where I was going to to about two months
ago) I would be going for selfish reasons, but by going to Africa I will be able to get involved in the culture and community
(They encourage study abroad students to get involved in Ghana because
it is still a developing country and there are many needs)
~The
population of Ghana is predominately Christian, so I will be able to
fine a good church (As we all know Europe is sadly going in the
opposite direction)
~I
will experience a culture that is so different than mine that I will
come back with a whole new perspective of cultural barriers (that
hopefully will happen)
~They are big on having a good international relations, so I will be rather safe form the majority of harm
~Let's just face it...Africa is soooooooo cool! Who wouldn't want to go there!

So,
I am still waiting to hear the final verdict on how things are going to
work out. There is a slight chance that I will not be able to go, but
the director from my school said that he would be shocked if I could not get into the program! So, please pray for me!

No comments: