2/21/2007

Jesus Camp




I have recently watched this documentary,
Jesus Camp. Basically it fallows a couple of Christian kids and a
couple of church leaders as they go to a camp where the kids are indoctrinated with the churches beliefs
. The video also claims that the kids are being taught that they need
to be in physical warfare against the war. Basically the video makes
these people look like they are completely crazy. As a whole I would
like to say that I think camps based on the bible are not bad. I went
to them and I am under the impression that they are good, but I HATE
the way that they portray Evangelical Christians as a whole. Only once
to they mention that this group is Pentecostal, which is known to have a very emotional
and to some people an outlandish way to worship. Then they take the
term Evangelical and apply that to them. They are being Evangelical, so
I can't take that term away from them. But, the issue comes when they
make claims that all Evangelical Christians are like that. We are not
crazy for believing in the word of God. We are not crazy for having
faith in God. We are not crazy to spend our life trying to have a
relationship with Him. You are crazy if you watch this documentary and make the stereotypical opinion that all Evangelical Christians are like that.

~I
would like to to say sorry for being a little ranting, but I was highly
offended by some of this claims that this movie made. I would recommend it for other Christians, but I would be worried about someone who doesn't know Christ to read this.~

1 comment:

anne said...

mom is here! More to come...I did not read this post yet, but want to. I will asap! Talk to you soon!