10/31/2006

Not My Day :(

Today has been one of THOSE days! I tried to clean out my car this morning only to spill coffee all over. I was a little glad because usualy one bad thing happens to me per day. So I was glad to get it over with. So, I drive to school and get out of my car. I was really cold so i got my jacket out of my back seat and set my bag down inside the car so that I could get my jacket on. yeppers. The door closed and everything...I mean everything was locked inside my car!
So, I go to the main desk at my college only to find a clueless person working the counter. All he does is hand me a phone book. I informed him by meaning everything got locked in my car...that would include a phone. So, he tells me where I can use a phone. I call my mom and inform her and she said to try and find out how much it would cost to get my door unlocked. forty-five dollars. Give and take that isn't a horrible amount for Madison, but for a poor college student such as myself. It is two tanks of gas for petes sake!
So, I go to the security office here at school and God gave me a HUGE blessing. The man allowed me to call my mom and get the AAA number so it would be free. He also called the towing place because he used to be a cop and he has inside sources so that I could use my moms card. I was very happy! the towing company came and fixed everything for free. I was so happy. I can only say that the Lord answered that prayer.
I side not to this is that my mom had thought I was in Evansville and she called the good old Evansville Police Officers to come to my rescue. I am thankful i have a mom who surely goes above and beyond the call of duty to help her daughter out. Thanks mom... I hope you had a better day....

2 comments:

anne said...

the people at that desk are NEVER helpful... I remember that too. I had asked them for help more than once and never did. The worst was I fell down those stairs once and caught myself pretty well but it still hurt and I remember the girl at the desk just stared at me...no "are you ok" or anything but anyway. It is just a part time job for them...so they sit and do homework and get paid to not be helpful!
Glad you got it all figured out!

hope the rest of your week went better!

KT said...

I am glad to hear that it wasn't a complete staircase fall. I one fell up a flight of stairs at Bob Jones. I felt really dumb because it was on the way to the "mess hall" and a bunch of high schoolers were visiting the school. I think I scared them a little! Oh well, that's life...right? I am also glad to see you didn't get hurt!