10/25/2006

A Ban on Gay Marriage?



Currently I am in a Speech class and for our next speech we need to come up with a judicial claim and support it. I was originally going to do a blow off speech on school uniforms decreasing school violence. Until I was motivated to take a political and moral stance in regards to the Marriage Amendment. Two girls in my class are doing speech on why people should vote no. Being a fan of this new amendment I feel very strong about sharing the other side.
This blog is two fold. First, please pray for me as a gather my thoughts and start to put this speech together. I am rather scared that I am going to misrepresent myself and also my biblical views on this issue. Second, that God would work in the hearts of the students that they would see the importance of defining marriage in our state.
Also if any of you have any advice or sources that could be of help I would be very grateful!

5 comments:

anne said...

praying for you!

anne said...

praying for you!

Steve Burri said...

Katie,

I also am getting ready to write my support for the amendment and post it on one or both blogs.

I was hoping that you might post your speech or its outline here.

When do you have to give the speech?

KT said...

yeah I can. Thespeech outline is due on Mon. So, I will post it when I get it done. My thesis is: The Wisconsin Marriage Amendment is a necessary protection of democracy and of our moral character. Just to give you an idea of what I am getting at in the speech! KT

Steve Burri said...

Katie,

I posted a short piece here.