9/11/2006

THE WEATHER!!!

Have you noticed the weather this weekend? Does it remind you of the grim reality that summer may officially be over and the harsh winter is sniping at our heals? These have been my dreaded thoughts over this last weekend. And I am forced to think about God in his sovereignty made the world to do this. Not only for his enjoyment for mine as well. I do enjoy summer much better though, but I am inclined to think of all the things I will enjoy about this winter. In hopes that my spirits will be lifted as I prepare to be taken over by the cold! I love making a perfectly plump snowball and throwing it at my unsuspecting mom or brother. I like covering up with a heap of blankets (all of which have some sort of sentimental value) and enjoy my moms fake fire heater. I love the idea of making coffee with no other purpose than to make me warm! I will get a well deserved break from my college career. Oh, and maybe the best of all. Christmas. I do love Christmas. The whole world changes at that time of the year. I am so thankful that Jesus came to die for me and I am so thankful I know the truth in order to worship Him! So, all in all I am somewhat excited about this grim realty and shouldn’t I rejoice in everything? With that reminder I am determined to rejoice in winter and be glad in it.

No comments: