9/02/2006

Frederick Douglas...

In a class, Social Movement in American History, we are required to read his autobiography. I am learning a great deal about faith in God through this book. I have never had a major testing of neither my faith nor any true persecution for it. If I were being beaten and worked half to death would I truly believe in a God? Would I give Him credit when good things happen in that situation? It would be hard, but I know He is faithful and He will be with me always. So, in that I am comforted.
On a different note, it is such a beautiful morning! I am so happy that I got up to see it. It is also a quite morning. I am not used to all the noise here in Madison yet, so to wake up and not hear any honking is amazing to me. I also have this tree right out my window that I am about eye level with the top of it. I love this tree and I am so glad for it. It's like a little piece of country in a huge concrete jungle.

1 comment:

anne said...

great thoughts...

Hope Madison is treating you well and that things are not getting to chaotic up near Camp Randall...although it is football season is upon us!