9/13/2006

a car thing

If I was not a rational person, whom I think I am. I would give up the use of cars completely. All that they do is cause headache after headache and paycheck after paycheck. My dad was kind enough this summer to buy me a car, which has successfully nickeled and dimed me to near bankrupt this summer. This time my breaks are almost gone. One minute everything is fine and then I call home and was told that on the way home from dropping me off at school my cars breaks were nearly all gone. This brings to my point that maybe I should sell the nickling diming car and start a new kind of life of walking and bike riding and never leaving the area of Wisconsin that would be outside of my walking distance!

1 comment:

anne said...

I love having a car, hate the bills to though...the upkeep is rough. BUT I would use other modes of transportation if I lived in a bigger city, i.e. Chicago.
But as for you college girl! I say walk, bike, and use the bus! I think you can ride the bus for free as a college student. I know UW- Mad kids can, I think Edgewood students can too. Check into it!