4/06/2009

A Weekend of Fun with Audrey and Niamh!

This weekend I took two of my exchange student friends to my moms home and had a wonderful weekend! Audrey (France) and Niamh (Northern Ireland) are two friends who I will be spending a good deal of time with next fall. On Saturday we had a night in talking with my mom and grandma. Audrey also went to Wal-Mart for the first time ever on Friday! She was shocked with the size (It was a super Wal-Mart). On Saturday Audrey made a a wonderful breakfast of french toast! It was seriously the best french toast I have EVER had, Food Network worthy. Later that morning my mom, Audrey, Niamh and I headed out to an Amish community in Cashton, WI. We were able to go into the little shops in the front of their homes and try many of the sweet treats like homemade donuts and turtles. We also stopped at a cheese factory where we were able to eat from fresh cheese curds (Audrey and Niamh's first time!). They were the best curds I have ever had, they were super squeaky! They saw the Mississippi River for the first time and saw the largest 6 pack in the whole world. Oh, and they ate at Applebees for the first time as well as I CULVERISED them! Did I mention they saw a lock and damn and went to Minnesota! No wonder why I was so tired this morning...we did a lot of stuff!

Pictures Coming Soon...

No comments: