11/11/2008

Roots




I love when my mom and I go on car rides. We have some of the best and most important talks while driving in the car. I remember when I was in high school and I was having a really hard day my mom and I would go for a ride in her Jeep and talk about things. Living so far from my mom now, those times when we escape from the house and talk about life are limited. The tree above is along the Mississippi outside of my moms work. While we were having one of our "get out of the house and talk" talks, we walked passed this tree. It reminds me of me. I have a firm foundation in God and have a a system of roots that help me stay intact (my mom), but I also am growing out and doing my own thing! I have a great root system that is allowing me to grow in ways that I could have never dreamed!

No comments: