11/20/2008

10 Things I LOVE About the Holiday

1. Jesus
The true reason for Christmas is that God sent his son to this earth to save the world! How wonderful it is that we get to worship him for calling us into his fold!

2. The Cheer
The Holiday’s are like drugs! If you have the right perspective on life (“be anxious in nothing”) you will have the cheer needed during the holidays.

3. Family
I love spending time with my family. Everyone is typically on best behavior and we always have a lot of fun. I love going to waking up to the noises of those you love (I didn’t when I lived with my mom all the time, but now that I live on my own I am really cherishing it).

4. No School
No Homework, No Tests, No Stress

5. The Lights
My mom and I started a tradition of going to River Side Park to see the Christmas lights! I am really excited to go again this year. Maybe we can go listen to a concert or two!

6. Presents
I am just being honest!

7. The Only Time I Like Having Snow on the Ground
I love having a White Christmas! After New Years the snow gets old!


8. My Grandma’s Good Cookin’
My grandma still wears a sweeter that we bought her years ago that says, “ Grandma’s Rules: 1. Come Often 2. Eat Lots 3. Leave Early” I try to obey the first two rules. The third rule can be a little hard, but thankfully she isn’t much of a disciplinarian.

9. Giving Gifts
I love finding the perfect gift for someone and then seeing their face light up when they open it!

10. The Music
I love Christmas Music. I do have a rule that I have to wait until after Thanksgiving to listen to it! I am not about to rush my life by not enjoying each holiday!

No comments: