7/16/2007

I Didn't Get Sick, I Got Hurt

Yesterday I went to my grandma's house to go boating and skiing yesterday afternoon. I had trouble getting the boat into reverse, so my dad got pretty upset with me and came down to back the boat out. When I went to drive up to the dock to let him out he yelled at me because the boat was going to hit the pier. So, I stick my hand out to push the boat away from the pier, but my fingers got smashed between the boat and the pier. So, needless to say I went to the emergency room to get it checked out.

I didn't break anything I just got a minor cut and major soft tissue and some possible tendon damage. The doctors put my middle finger in a split for a couple of weeks and gave me some medication for the pain! My finger is still about three times its normal size and is in the process of changing colors. I still cannot bend it! Please pray that this will heal before Africa! I feel like such a lame duck!

No comments: