1/21/2009

Middle of a Highway



The middle of a highway in the middle of Mongolia. That single shot captures so much. To me it is loaded with meaning. Some of it ironic. Some of it painful. Some of it wonderful. In that moment the the world seems to be moving so slowly. Although I felt like I was loosing my breath, everything was under my control. The world around me seemed carefree. I was lost and didn't know it. It was the calm before the storm. It was the rest before the test. I didn't realize what was in store. I am not that girl anymore. I shine with a new hue of gold, that did not grace me before. I look at that girl with a type of pity. The journey took her so long. She stumbled and fell down the valleys and crawled up the mountain. The thoughts of being back at that moment entice me. I know better then to wish it. I am better off here. That moment in time is long gone. It is for the best. That moment in time when I sat in the middle of a highway in the middle of Mongolia.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Not many can say they've had their picture taken well sitting in the middle of a highway in the middle of Mongolia. Most impressive!

[/lamecomment]