12/08/2008

In You Alone...



The sermon this morning was a blessing to me. Recently I have been struggling in my relationship with Christ. I have been going through a time of suffering. I also have been allowing bitterness to grow into anger. Towards others, but mainly toward God. The sermon was based out of Acts 5:27-42 and was title God's Saving Purposes Prevail Through Joyful Suffering. I knew as soon as I sat down I was in for it. Here were the four main points:

1. Obedient Christians suffer with joy because they rejoice in doing the will of God.
2. Obedient Christians suffer with joy because they have been saved by a suffering and exulted Savior.
3. Obedient Christians suffer with joy because they know God determines the amount and kind of suffering.
4. Obedient Christians suffer with joy because their highest joy is Christ.

Needless to say, I fall short in so many ways. I often do not rejoice in doing the will of God. I look at it as an obligation that I must fulfill. I am often angry and bitter towards God about the amount and kind of suffering that He allows to happen in my life. I also, ashamedly, do not find my highest joy in Christ. I find it in things that will someday parish. Although I know I lake so much. Christ has died for me. He has been the sacrifice. I know that I do nothing in myself that pleases God. The only thing about me that God has delight in is Christ. For the first time in a long time I want Christ. I wish I lived by a mountain because I feel like climbing one and shouting his name to all the nations! What an amazing God I have!

"Seeking you like a precious jewel
Lord to give up I'd be a foul
You are my all in all"
-Sanctuary

No comments: