12/06/2006

A Favorite Christmas Memory


One of my most favorite Christmas memories happened last year. Since I went to school in South Carolina last year, I flew home for Christmas. I was so excited I could hardly wait. When the captain said that there was going to be a slight delay when we arrived in Chicago I got a little nervous. I had a connecting flight to Madison and would hate to have missed it!
But, as we finally prepared to land the captain flew us out over Lake Michigan! I had the privilege of being on the side of the plane that faces the city skyline. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. The lights of Chicago and Navy Pier will always be sketched into my mind.
Looking back on that sight I cannot imagine of how much better Gods kingdom will be. It makes me just as excited to go see my eternal home, as it was to see my earthly home that winter night!
( I did make my flight to Madison that night )

1 comment:

anne said...

I saw fireworks too on a flight, although it was not on the 4th coming home from Baltimore flying into O'Hare. But it was still quite a sight!